Offering up to 55 minutes of flight time, the M300 RTK pushes the boundaries of what it is possible to achieve with a commercial drone.
Designed for commercial applications, the Matrice 300 RTK is an ideal choice for public safety departments, industrial inspections, and more. With an IP45 rating, it is rugged and durable to withstand even the most demanding environments. A UAV Health Management System ensures that the highest level of performance is maintained over time. The customizable payload configuration setup makes the Matrice 300 RTK a flexible tool to achieve mission objectives with ease and efficiency across various industries and situations.
- 55 minute flight time (2- TB60 Battery 5,936 mAh)
- Smart Controller Enterprise (Internal battery + WB37, 4.5 hr)
- OcuSync Enterprise (9.32 miles)
- DJI Pilot App
- Advanced Dual Control Mode (Switch aircraft control in-flight)
- IP45 rating increased weather performance
- Six directional obstacle sensing & positioning with customization
- Primary Flight Display (Aviation-level situational awareness in Pilot App)
- Redundant IMU, Barometer, Compass, and Batteries
- Upgrade of D-RTK-2 (1 D-RTK-2 can be contented to multiple aircraft)
- Circular Scanning Millimetre Wave Radar (Launched after release)
- New Zenmuse H20 Series Camera Sensors (Zoom, wide, thermal, laser range finder all in 1)
- Single, Dual downward gimbal, or Dual downward + single upward
- Improved Smart Track, Gimbal automatically detects and follows objects.
- Smart Inspection (Waypoint 2.0- multiple payloads, more action, more points
- AI Spot-Check (Select and recognize objects in images for future inspections)
- Increased UAV Health Management System
- Change batteries without powering down
- Foldable booms and propeller for quick deployment
DJI M300 RTK: Next Gen Collision Avoidance
The Matrice 300 RTK is DJI’s safest enterprise drone platform yet. It combines six direction dual visual sensors, dual Time-of-Flight (TOF) sensors, and an adjustable detection range between 1 to 40m to improve reliability.
These sensors are even more effective in low light conditions when top and bottom auxiliary lights automatically turn on.
DJI has promised an upcoming additional Circular Scanning Millimeter-Wave (CSM) Radar, which can be mounted to augment the six collision detection sensors.
With the M300 RTK onboard ai, drone pilots can maintain safety while flying close to their targets to capture the highest definition data.
DJI M300 RTK: A New DJI Smart Controller Enterprise
The Matrice 300 RTK comes with the new DJI Smart Controller Enterprise. This device features an ultra-bright 5.5-inch 1080p display, similar to the popular Smart Controller for the DJI Mavic Series (DJI Mavic Air & DJI Mavic Pro). The DJI Smart Controller Enterprise is twice as bright as conventional smart devices, allowing for much easier viewability.
The controller supports DJI Pilot, as well as third-party apps.
Thanks to the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise, pilots are assured of aviation-grade situational awareness.
The drone has a new Primary Flight Display, which integrates flight, navigation, and obstacle information.
During your mission, flight information such as aircraft altitude and velocity, as well as wind speed and wind direction, are presented.
Pilots can also view their aircraft’s live status, such as trajectory and home-point projection, and see all nearby obstacles with the new obstacle map.
DJI M300 drone operators can also utilize the PinPoint, SmartTrack, and Location Sharing functions to maximize efficiency. These functions are only supported when you pair the H20 series cameras (more later) with the DJI M300 aircraft.
These additional features can be beneficial to public safety drone pilots and operators. For example:
- PinPoint – A quick tap marks an object in view, and advanced sensor fusion algorithms immediately deliver its coordinates.
- SmartTrack –You can identify and follow moving subjects with the auto-zoom function while acquiring the subject’s dynamic location.
- Location Sharing – When PinPoint or SmartTrack is enabled, you can project a subject’s location across multiple camera views. The feature allows sharing to another remote controller or through online platforms, such as DJI FlightHub (note that support for location sharing via DJI FlightHub is an upcoming feature).
DJI M300 RTK: Advanced Dual Control
One of the most exciting features of the DJI M300 RTK is the advanced dual control. This feature enables multiple operators to switch control of the aircraft in-flight safely. The ability to change operators is valuable during complex or long-distance missions.
One control can pilot the aircraft while the other control operates the gimbal and payload.
With a single tap, either operator can obtain control of the aircraft or payload.
The drone can take-off and land in different locations with different pilots. The bottom line is that the advanced controls create new possibilities for mission strategies and higher flexibility during operations.
The M300 RTK, when controlled by two pilots, gives each drone pilot equal access to gain flight control priority, the transfer of which is displayed by a series of icons on the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise.
If one pilot becomes compromised or their controller loses battery or connection, the other pilot gains full control over the M300 RTK and its payloads.
Additionally, when training new pilots, the teacher/main pilot can safely take over flight control – if and whenever necessary.
When flying with a co-pilot, you both have equal access to gain flight control priority, the transfer of which is signaled by a series of icons on your DJI Smart Controller Enterprise.
Two pilots can seamlessly transfer between control of the drone and to its gimbals. With these redesigned flight control protocols, a visual line of sight can be maintained from one pilot to a co-pilot to enable Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) missions.
DJI M300 RTK: Flight Time And Speed
The DJI M300 RTK sets a new standard for drone capability and reliability. The aircraft’s refined airframe and propulsion system design ensures a more efficient and stable flight, even in harsh and challenging conditions.
Flight performance is excellent. The drone’s maximum flight time is 55 minutes (without payload) or 31 minutes when it is at its maximum take-off weight of 9kg. When carrying the new H20T sensor, the M300 RTK can stay airborne for up to 36 minutes. The flight time can be extended to 45/46 minutes when you integrate the DJI M300 with either an XT2 or Z30.
|Payload||Total Weight||Flight Time|
|H20 + XT2||7.52kg||39mins|
The DJI M300 RTK has a maximum speed of 23m/s – equivalent to just over 51mph and almost 83kph.
The M300 RTK has a top descent speed of 7m/s, ensuring a quick landing.
It has a 7,000m service ceiling.
DJI M300 RTK: Improved Transmission System
The M300 RTK is equipped with DJI’s new OcuSync Enterprise, which enables transmission up to 15km away (FCC, or 8km CE) and supports triple channel 1080p video (only supported with Dual RC).
To ensure a more reliable flight near high-interference environments, the M300 RTK benefits from auto-switch ability between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz in real-time.
The drone is also equipped with AES-256 encryption, offering safe and secure data transmission.
DJI M300 RTK: New Cameras
DJI provides two new cameras dedicated exclusively to the M300 RTK enterprise drone. These professional cameras are the Zenmuse H20 and the Zenmuse H20T – DJI’s first hybrid sensor payload solution.
The H20 is a triple-sensor solution featuring a 20MP zoom camera, a 12MP wide camera, and a laser rangefinder with a range of up to 1,200m.
The H20T is a quad-sensor solution, packed with the same capabilities as the H20 but bolstered by a radiometric thermal camera with a 640×512 resolution.
The key specifications for each part of the sensors:
Equivalent Focal Length: 24mm
12 MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
23× Hybrid Optical Zoom
200× Max Zoom
20 MP 1/1.7″ CMOS Sensor
Video Resolution: 4K/30fps
Range: 3 m – 1200 m
Accuracy: ± (0.2 m + D×0.15%)
Frame Rate: 30fps
Thermal Sensitivity: ≤ email@example.com (NEDT)
These multi-sensor payloads, which have an IP44 rating (protection against the intrusion of splashing water in all directions), take mission efficiency to the next level and can be utilized across various commercial drone applications.
Integrating the H20T with the M300 RTK ensures maximum efficiency and superior performance with just one payload. To put this into perspective, the M300 RTK with an H20T can fly for 36 minutes. In comparison, the M210 RTK V2, integrated with the Z30 zoom camera and XT2 thermal camera, can only fly for around 22 minutes.
In addition to the H20 and H20T, you can integrate the DJI M300 RTK with well-known existing solutions, such as:
- Zenmuse Z30 – a 30x optical zoom camera
- Zenmuse XT2 – 4K visual sensor and thermal imaging
- XT S – the XT2’s smaller sibling
The M300 RTK does not support the X4S, X5S, or X7, but you can integrate the aircraft with third-party payloads for specialized missions and tasks.
This flexibility means that you could utilize the H20T – for a thermal and zoom solution, aided by the laser rangefinder – and integrate the Wingsland Z15 high-powered spotlight (see picture below) to illuminate an area. This configuration would be a popular option for public safety and search and rescue, for example.
DJI M300 RTK: Mount Three Payloads At Once
With multiple gimbal connector and triple gimbal support, the M300 RTK can simultaneously leverage two payloads below, as well as one on top. For more flexibility, an Onboard SDK port is also available to enable advanced computing power on demand. With support for a max payload of 2.7kg and compatibility with the H20 and H20T, the newest versatile hybrid multi-sensors, the M300 RTK is a multifunctional heavy lifter.
DJI M300 RTK: Rapid Deployment
For a drone of its size, the M300 RTK can be deployed easily and quickly – a bonus, especially during a time-sensitive critical public safety flight mission.
The drone has permanently attached folding props. As an extra time-saver, the M300 RTK sits upside down in its carrying case, meaning that you can secure the payloads safely while the drone is in its box and attach the batteries to the aircraft while it is in its carry case.
Operators will also benefit from the M300 RTK’s extra-long endurance. Drone service operators can charge the drone’s TB60 hot-swappable batteries in the new battery station in an hour.
DJI 300 RTK: Weatherability and Fly It In The Rain
The DJI M300 RTK comes with an IP45 rating compared to the IP43-rated M200 Series, meaning this aircraft can withstand more extreme conditions and better handle wetter environments.
The Matrice 300 RTK drone is not entirely waterproof, but the IP45 rating does mean that the 300 RTK drone is protected against low-pressure jets of water (or splashing water) from any angle.
DJI has stated that the M300 RTK can withstand 100mm of rain for 24 hours.
An IP45 rating also ensures that the M300 RTK is protected against solid objects greater than 1mm, such as screws and wires.
To complement this, the robust M300 RTK also has a wind resistance of 15m/s and can operate in temperatures from -20°C to 50°C, making it a safe and effective platform in a variety of challenging environments.
DJI M300 RTK: A Powerful Vision System You Can Rely On
To enhance in-flight safety and aircraft stability, dual-vision and ToF sensors appear on all six sides of the aircraft, offering a maximum detection range of up to 40 m, with options to customize the aircraft’s sensing behavior via the DJI Pilot App. Even in complex operating environments, this 6 Directional Sensing and Positioning system helps keep the aircraft and the mission safe.
DJI M300 RTK: Application Flexibility
You can deploy the DJI M300 RTK and its associated payloads for a range of commercial, industrial, and enterprise missions, such as critical infrastructure, law enforcement, public safety, oil and gas, and powerline inspections. Some examples:
- Fight fires and save lives without endangering personnel. Use the thermal sensor to see through smoke and identify hotspots.
- Act quickly to locate missing people and better plan rescue missions.
- Quickly assess a situation and plan accordingly while improving officer and bystander safety.
- Easily visualize extensive powerline networks in remote areas.
- Conduct inspections of pipelines, well sites, and more – while keeping workers away from risky areas.
DJI M300 RTK: Summary
DJI, a company known for its leadership in consumer drones, with popular offerings such as the Mavic Air, the Mavic Pro, and the DJI Phantom 4 RTK, shows real enterprise drone capability.
DJI’s M300 drone is a fantastic UAV and a powerful tool for commercial and enterprise UAS missions.
This next-generation aircraft comes packed with features that will maximize efficiency, enhance safety, and deliver fast and accurate results.
If you are starting a drone program or scaling one, there is a lot to like:
- Prolonged flight time
- The ability to carry three payloads simultaneously
- Enhanced IP rating
- Sophisticated safety features
Then there’s the H20 sensor series, worthy of a standalone launch. The H20T, in particular, offers a thermal, zoom, wide-angle, and laser rangefinder solution, catering to the majority of enterprise drone operations.
DJI has described the 300 RTK drones as a cyber workhorse. It truly is a versatile and reliable solution for industrial applications and public safety missions. This powerful drone sets a high standard for the commercial drone services industry.
300 RTK Drone Specifications
DJI Matrice 300 Aircraft
- Dimensions: Unfolded, propellers excluded, 31.9×26.4×16.9 in (L×W×H) | Folded, propellers included, 16.9×16.5×16.9 in (L×W×H)
- Diagonal Wheelbase: 35.2 in
- Weight (with single downward gimbal): Approx. 7.9 lb (without batteries) | Approx. 13.9 lb (with two TB60 batteries)
- Max Payload: 6 lb
- Max Takeoff Weight: 19.8 lb
- Operating Frequency: 2.4000-2.4835 GHz | 5.725-5.850 GHz
- EIRP: 2.4000-2.4835 GHz: 29.5 dBm (FCC) | 5.725-5.850 GHz: 28.5 dBm (FCC)
- Hovering Accuracy (P-Mode w/ GPS) – Vertical: ±4 in（Vision System enabled）| ±19.7 in（GPS enabled）| ±4 in（RTK enabled）
- Hovering Accuracy (P-Mode w/ GPS) – Horizontal: ±11.8 in（Vision System enabled）| ±59 in（GPS enabled）| ±4 in（RTK enabled）
- RTK Positioning Accuracy: When RTK enabled and fixed: 0.4 in + 1 ppm (Horizontal) | 0.6 in + 1 ppm (Vertical)
- Max Angular Velocity: Pitch: 300°/s, Yaw: 100°/s
- Max Pitch Angle: 30° (P-mode, Forward Vision System enabled: 25°)
- Max Ascent Speed: S Mode: 13.4 mph | P Mode: 11.2 mph
- Max Descent Speed (Vertical): S Mode: 11.2 mph | P Mode: 6.7 mph
- Max Descent Speed (Tilt): S Mode: 15.7 mph
- Max Speed: S Mode: 51 mph | P Mode: 38 mph
- Service Ceiling Above Sea Level: 16,404 ft (with 2110 propellers, takeoff weight ≤ 15.4 lb) | 22,966 ft (with 2195 propellers, takeoff weight ≤ 15.4 lb)
- Max Wind Resistance: 33.5 mph
- Max Flight Time: 55 min
- Supported DJI Gimbals: Zenmuse XT2 / XT S / Z30 / H20 / H20T
- Supported Gimbal Configurations: Single Downward Gimbal, Dual Downward Gimbals, Single Upward Gimbal, Upward and Downward Gimbals, Triple Gimbals
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP45
- GNSS: GPS + GLONASS + BeiDou + Galileo
- Operating temperature: -4°F to 122° F
DJI Matrice 300 Remote Controller
- Operating Frequency: 2.4000-2.4835 GHz | 5.725-5.850 GHz
- Max Transmitting Distance (unobstructed, free of interference): 9.3 mi
- EIRP: 2.4000-2.4835 GHz： 29.5 dBm (FCC) | 5.725-5.850 GHz： 28.5 dBm (FCC)
- External Battery: WB37 Intelligent Battery – Capacity：4920 mAh – Voltage：7.6V – Type：LiPo – Energy：37.39Wh – Charging time (using BS60 Intelligent Battery Station): 70 minutes (15°C to 45°C)；130 minutes (0°C to 15°C)
- Built-In Battery: Type: 18650 li-ion battery (5000 mAh @ 7.2 V) – Charging: USB charger with specification of 12V / 2A – Rated power: 17 W – Charging time：2 hours15 minutes
- Battery Life: Built-in battery：Approx. 2.5h | Built-in battery+External battery：Approx. 4.5h
- USB Power Supply: 5 V / 1.5 A
- Operating Temperature: -4 °F to 104 °F
DJI Matrice 300 Vision System
- Obstacle Sensing Range: Forward/ backward/ Left/ Right：2.3 – 131 ft | Upward/ downward：2 – 98 ft
- FOV: Forward/ backward/ downward：65°（H），50°（V）| Left/ right/ upward：75°（H），60°（V)
- Operating Environment: Surfaces with clear patterns and adequate lighting (> 15 lux)
DJI Matrice 300 Infrared Sensing System
- Obstacle Sensing Range: 0.33 – 26 ft
- FOV: 30° (±15°)
- Operating Environment:Large, diffuse and reflective obstacles (reflectivity >10%)
DJI Matrice 300 Top & Bottom Auxiliary Light
- Effective Lighting Distance: 16.4 ft
DJI Matrice 300 FPV Camera
- Resolution: 960p
- FOV: 145°
- Frame Rate: 30fps
DJI Matrice 300 Intelligent Flight Battery
- Name: TB60
- Capacity: 5935 mAh
- Voltage: 52.8 V
- Battery Type: LiPo 12S
- Energy: 274 Wh
- Net Weight: Approx. 3 lb
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F
- Ideal Storage Temperature: 71.6°F to 86°F
- Charging Temperature: -4° to 104° F(When the temperature is lower than 5°C, the self-heating function will be automatically enabled. Charging at a low temperature may shorten the lifetime of the battery)
- Charging Time: Using BS60 Intelligent Battery Station: 220V input：60 minutes (fully charge two TB60 batteries), 30 minutes (charge two TB60 batteries from 20% to 90%) | 110V input：70 minutes (fully charge two TB60 batteries), 40 minutes (charge two TB60 batteries from 20% to 90%)
DJI Matrice 300 BS60 Intelligent Battery Station
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 15.9 x 9.9 inch
- Net Weight: 18.5 lb
- Maximum Capacity: TB60 Intelligent Flight Battery × 8 | WB37 Intelligent Battery × 4
- Input: 100-120 VAC, 50-60 Hz / 220-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Max Input Power: 1070W
- Output Power: 100-120V：750W | 220-240V：992W
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 104°F